2023 Haddonfield Annual Town Dinner
Read Dennis and Kathy Tully's Bio
The Annual Town Dinner, hosted by the Haddonfield Civic Association (HCA), is a great tradition in our town. It is a beautiful evening filled with wonderful people and a delightful theme. It honors Haddonfield citizens or organization who display uncommon leadership, intending to recognize those who have unselfishly inspired others and encouraged broader participation in the activities of the Haddonfield community with the Alfred E. Driscoll Community Service Award. In addition, the dinner recognizes three Haddonfield Memorial High School (HMHS) seniors with HCA scholarships for the Bradshaw Literary Award, the Quanci Visual Arts Award, and the Kaufmann Performing Arts Award, which recognizes a student’s participation in the performing arts.
On behalf of the Haddonfield Civic Association, we are pleased to announce that the winner of the 2023-2024 Alfred E. Driscoll Community Service Award will be presented to Dennis and Kathy Tully. The Board of Governors is very impressed with their deep commitment to our community and involvement in so many organizations and campaigns as a volunteer. The Driscoll Award was created to recognize the role models in our community with the hope that others will be inspired to do the same. Dennis and Kathy Tully are the perfect example of the ‘uncommon’ volunteer the Driscoll Award seeks to honor.
Being nominated for the Alfred E. Driscoll Community Service award is an outstanding town achievement. It recognizes individuals or organizations that have made a lasting, positive impact on our town in a volunteer capacity. Dennis and Kathy’s deep connection to our town is reflected through their service.
- Town Sports Coach – Volunteer Lacrosse Coach with 13 years of continuous support. Also coached youth baseball and basketball.
- Served as volunteer on the School Security Council – providing professional guidance for Borough buildings, employees and community members.
- Provided School Property Security Analysis /Report, Pro Bono for all Haddonfield school properties. Attended meetings over the years addressing building security for our students and faculty.
- Served as the Haddonfield Civic Association President from 2015 – 2018.
- Former member and President of the Haddonfield Alumni Association.
- Served as a trustee of the Haddonfield Foundation.
- Member of the Borough’s Police Advisory Committee.
- Haddonfield Lacrosse Boosters – member, fundraiser and promoter
- Established HMHS Drama Club Booster Club in 2017. Club has raised significant funds to assist performances and provide for the needs of the students involved in the Performing Arts. During the Pandemic, the Booster Club helped keep the HMHS Drama program afloat.
- Served on the Board of the Haddonfield Alumni Society
- Former Trustee for Haddonfield Educational Trust (haddonfieldeducationaltrust.org) The HET has contributed to so many key projects at our school community: Teacher Innovation Grants, HMHS Scholarship Fund, Lights, Camera, Action for HMHS, Playgrounds – Tatem, Central, HMHS Turf Field, HMS Odyssey of the Mind team, HMHS Winter Guard Team sponsorship, and more.
- Promoter and Supporter of the Haddonfield Theater Arts, now on Kings Hwy. Raised funds for theatre students with hearing impairment.
- Strong promoter and supporter of small business on a personal level.
- PTA member and leadership for many years, working on Central School Fashion Show event among other important projects which benefitted our schools and students.
Together Dennis and Kathy are cheerleaders for the Borough to include the Arts and Athletics. They are the “GO TO” for many to bring ideas for everything. Their experience, knowledge, willingness to engage and help is well-known. They are approachable, creative. The Tullys are encouraging, easy to communicate with and open to all. They build community and inspire others to join. They are behind the scenes, not flashy. They quietly support others with their time, talents and funds. They are always encouraging others through their generosity.
As a family Dennis’ Father, Neal, has given a life of service to Haddonfield as a dedicated Rotary member, American Legion Post 38 member, and member of the Haddonfield Ambulance Association. He ran for Commissioner 1990s and he was the Haddonfield Civic Association President from 1997 – 1999. Neal and Dennis are the first Father-Son combo to serve as President of the HCA in it’s over 100-year history! Dennis and Kathy have raised two very involved and volunteering boys, Will and Nolan. As a family the Tully’s are dedicated to a culture of service.
The Annual Town Dinner has been an HCA tradition since the founding of the organization in 1911. Since 1937, the HCA has honored, on behalf of the community, one citizen who displays uncommon leadership with the intention of recognizing those who have unselfishly inspired others and encouraged broader participation in the activities of the Haddonfield community. Beginning in 1975, this high honor was recognized with the Alfred E. Driscoll Community Service Award, named after the distinguished New Jersey governor from Haddonfield. Over the years, such notable examples have been: The Haddonfield Friends School, The Indian King Tavern, and the Haddon Fire Company No. 1.
Open to all town residents, the Dinner is the Annual Meeting and election of officers for the HCA. As part of the dinner program, there is a brief business meeting with reports by the Officers, the Nominating Committee and then the election of the new Officers along with the proposed BOG members.
The annual dinner is also the time for the Board of Governors to announce and recognize three HMHS seniors with HCA scholarships for the Bradshaw Literary Award, the Quanci Visual Arts Award and the Kaufmann Performing Arts Award, recognizes a student’s participation in the performing arts.
Please join us in celebrating the accomplishments of these wonderful Haddonfield citizens by joining us!
- Click HERE Alfred E. Driscoll Community Service Award to learn more and see past winners.
- Click HERE Bradshaw Literary Award to learn more and see past winners.
- Click HERE Quanci Visual Arts Award to learn more and see past winners.
- Click HERE Kaufmann Performing Arts Award to learn more and see past winners.