Become a Member
For more than 100 years, members have supported the Haddonfield Civic Association’s work to “Inform, Promote and Organize Civic Discussion” in our borough.
We offer 4 membership types:
- Individual 1 Year – $50
- Individual + Spouse 1 Year – $75
What Does Your Membership Do?
Our work is made possible by our members, whose support enables us to provide numerous benefits to the Haddonfield community, including:
- With the support of the Haddonfield Police Department and the Borough Commissioners, we continue to work with interested residents to promote a safer town for all borough residents through better communications and heightened awareness.
- Video and archives of Borough meetings, Board of Education meetings, and events. At your convenience, and on your computer, you can watch the issues being debated at important meetings through the HCA web site. Your donation directly funds this important initiative, which costs over $3,000 per year.
- Special Town Forums on key topics of interest to the Haddonfield community, including Candidates Forums, Neighborhood Watch Forums, and more.
- The Annual Meeting and Town Dinner held each spring and the Annual Town Meeting held in October.
- Over $1700 in scholarship awards benefiting the HMHS student winners of the Robert Bradshaw Memorial Civic Essay Contest and the Harry T. Kaufmann Performing Arts Award.
- The Alfred E. Driscoll Award for community service, which encourages and recognizes outstanding civic contributions by town organizations and individuals.
Your membership enables us to offer these programs that inform, educate, and encourage discussion and engagement among Haddonfield residents.
General Haddonfield Civic Association Membership
In the fall on a yearly basis, current members of the HCA are sent updated dues information and invited to renew their membership. Every five years, there is a town-wide membership mailing to all Haddonfield households. General members can serve on standing committees and participate in BOG fundraising, operational and educational activities. At the HCA Annual Town Dinner in the spring, the general membership also approves through a voice vote the slate of officers offered by the Nominating Committee. This slate is for the officers of Board of Governors: President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary and Treasurer.
Only the President and the Vice President have term limits: one-year terms with no more than two consecutive full terms allowed.