Working Together to Prevent Crime in Haddonfield by Building an Increased Sense of Community and Awareness
We’ve all become aware of the recent increase in burglaries and vandalism in Haddonfield. In response to this rise in crime, the Haddonfield Civic Association Board of Governors have created Haddonfield Neighborhood Watch–a citizen volunteer effort to help prevent crime and heighten awareness of suspicious activity.
Haddonfield Neighborhood Watch follows the USAonWatch guidelines developed by the U.S. Department of Justice and the National Sheriffs Association. We are partners with the Haddonfield Police Department, the Borough Commissioners, and each other.
About Haddonfield Neighborhood Watch
How we began
In the fall of 2012, the Haddonfield Civic Association Board of Governors voted to create Haddonfield Neighborhood Watch in response to an increase of burglaries and vandalism in the borough. Haddonfield Neighborhood Watch follows the USAonWatch guidelines developed by the U.S. Department of Justice and the National Sheriffs Association.
Who we are
We are a group of Haddonfield residents with a strong sense of community and a desire to do something positive to help protect our neighborhoods from crime. We believe in looking out for our neighbors and other community members. We refuse to be victims and pledge to look out for one another.
We are partners with the Haddonfield Police Department, the Borough Commissioners, and each other. We are seeking members of the community to step up and join us.
The Haddonfield Neighborhood Watch has been endorsed by Haddonfield Police Chief John Banning and additionally by the Haddonfield Borough Commissioners.
What is Neighborhood Watch?
Haddonfield Neighborhood Watch is a citizen volunteer effort that aims to foster communication among neighbors, provide education and awareness, and support residents who choose to participate in and help grow the Watch.
What Neighborhood Watch Is:
- Looking out for your neighbors and community
- Becoming aware of your surroundings and suspicious behavior
- Feeling empowered to report suspicious or criminal activity to law enforcement
What Neighborhood Watch ISN’T:
- Vigilante justice or citizens taking the law into their own hands
- Foot patrols of borough streets
Why you should join
By participating in Neighborhood Watch program, you are affecting the community in a positive way. You are helping to prevent crime in our town by looking out for your neighbors. You already know what’s normal and what’s not in your neighborhood. If every citizen in the borough becomes more aware of their surroundings and suspicious behaviors, and is empowered to report these to the police, we will effectively reduce our susceptibility to crime.
Criminals search for easy targets. We can control how vulnerable we are to crime by raising our awareness, knowing what is normal in our neighborhoods, and proactively involving law enforcement when we observe suspicious people and behaviors. By acting as the eyes and ears of the police, you are an effective force multiplier in the borough’s battle to combat crime.
How to get involved
There are many ways to participate:
- sign up to receive email alerts with news about recent crimes and other relevant information by emailing email@example.com
- attend Neighborhood Watch events where you will hear from the police and others about crime trends and tips to prevent crime
- request information from us on how become educated on how to identify and report suspicious activity–we are happy to meet with you (and your neighbors)
- learn more about how to start a Watch on your block
- receive guidance and support when you do start a Watch on your block
We invite all citizens of Haddonfield to join us in our efforts to prevent crime in our borough.
Our goal is to empower citizens with the knowledge and ability to assist law enforcement in an effort to end burglaries, thefts, vandalism and other crimes in our community. The Haddonfield Neighborhood Watch mission is to:
- Foster increased communication within the borough and among neighbors
- Provide education and awareness about crime prevention
- Share current local law enforcement information quickly and conveniently to help citizens be aware of recent incidents
- Support citizens who chose to participate by providing resources, guidance, and materials
For more information on how to join us, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org